Zucchini-Carrot Slaw w/Cumin and Lime

    IMG_9469
  • 2 medium zucchini, grated*
  • 4 carrots, grated
  • 2 t ground cumin
  • 4T sunflower cheese mixed w/2T water (or mayo if you dairy)
  • 1 t lime zest
  • 2 T fresh lime juice
  • 2 t chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 t salt
  • freshly ground pepper to taste
** A word on the grated veg – I used my food processor
for this and it made this dish take about 5 minutes.  I think a hand grater would bump that up to 10.  Julienne cut would take this up to about 25 minutes in my lazy estimation. Your call.
So the original recipe proposes toasting the cumin (putting in dry warmed pan until fragrant (about a minute). I did this, but I gotta be honest, I didn’t notice that this made much of a difference.  Again, you choose.  Add the cumin to next 6 ingredients.  Whisk together.  Pour onto zucchini and carrots.  Toss to mix together. There. Done. Chill. Both you AND the food. Raw, tasty, refreshing (the joys of lime) 

No comments :

Make Peace With Food

Amazon