Still catching colds, try this..



  • Lemon – Lemons are known for their strong antibacterial and antiviral power. They boost the immune system, plus serve as a digestive aid and help in cleansing the liver.
  • Ginger root – Ginger root is a favorite natural medicine in many cultures. It’s known for being an anti-inflammatory with antiviral properties that help ward off colds and flu.
  • Garlic – Studies have shown that garlic is the most potent, all-natural antibiotic available.
  • Cayenne Pepper – Cayenne clears clogged sinuses and helps alleviate the symptoms of colds and flu.

A Natural Healing Medicine

I can feel good about giving this broth to my family. It’s a natural healing “medicine” that I know is safe. When I give this to my son, I back off on the cayenne pepper. He can’t take too much spice! But for my husband and I, I add as much cayenne as we can handle.
Natural Healing Broth
Ingredients
  • 6 cups distilled water
  • 1 whole lemon, juiced. Do not discard rind.
  • 2-3 tablespoons of fresh gingerroot, medium slices
  • 5-6 garlic cloves, crushed (Crush with the flat side of knife to release the juices, then drop the whole thing into your pot.)
  • ¼ to ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
  • Honey to taste
Instructions
  1. Put water in a medium saucepan on high.
  2. Add lemon (juiced) and entire rind, gingerroot, garlic.
  3. Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce to medium. Allow it to cook at a low, rolling boil for about 15 minutes. You will see the color begin to change and deepen.
  4. Add the cayenne pepper.
  5. Strain.
  6. Add honey to taste to individual cup.
I have a cup-sized mesh strainer that I put over my cup to strain it one cup at a time. After I have added honey, then  taste it. If you can handle more cayenne, then add more.

No comments :

Make Peace With Food

Amazon